Saturday 14 June 2014

How To: French Tips

I'm so classy. . . jokes, I constantly fall up stairs. Falling up stairs is not very classy.
Hey everybody!!!
So today I thought I would show you all a quick tutorial on how I do French Tips. I'm definitely not an expert or anything like that and when you scroll down you will see that my technique is really strange but I thought it would be a bit of fun. It doesn't take very long and it's a cute style that you can wear to school even if you have strict uniform policies like at my school. While writing this I realised that fingers are a very unattractive body part to photograph but anyway, I hope you don't find this too strange. Enjoy!
  1. Start with clean, cut nails. You can add a base coat to protect your nails and make the style last longer.
  2. Stick a reinforcement ring (yes the same ones you use on your school notes, it's weird I know) just below the edge of your nail. The gap should be the same thickness that you want your white tip to be. I find that the sticker creates the perfect rounded shape.
  3. Using a white nail polish (I used Maybelline Colour Show in Porcelain Party) paint over the top of your nail that is not covered by the sticker. Wait for one minute so that the surface of the polish is semi-dry.
  4. Oh okay, the lighting of this photo decided to be different, sorry about that. Very, very slowly and carefully peel the sticker of the nail. If the edge is a bit smudged or jagged you can neaten it up with a cotton bud dipped in nail polish remover.
  5. Add a topcoat, repeat on every nail and your done !

Yay that's the end of my first How To post. I hope it's not too weird, I was thinking of maybe doing some hair tutorials and stuff in the future. We will see, tell me what you think :)
Love you all, 
Alex

2 comments:

  1. Hahahah Alex, reinforcement rings! You're a genius, I'll definitely try your technique! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aahahah Charm, if you ever try it will be ground breaking . . . probably end up on the news :)

      Delete