Saturday 7 June 2014

Top 5: Things to Pack for a Holiday

Source: Tumblr
Hello dear internet world,
So I'm going on a holiday to Europe in a few days so I thought it would be relevant to come up with a list of my top five things to pack for when you are going away. It can be anything from a big overseas holiday, to a road-trip with friends or an overnight stay with relatives. Enjoy :)



1. Sun Protection 

Everyone loves warm weather and sunny days but getting burnt is not fun. Therefore I am being very responsible and telling you to slip, slop, slap because no one wants to look like a big red tomato. The products in the photo are what I tend to use, I use a specific face sunscreen because my face tends to be quite sensitive and also a lip balm with SPF otherwise my lips will become all burnt, blistery and gross. Wearing sunscreen won't prevent you from getting tanned, you can still achieve a summer glow without running the risk of skin cancer. So yes now that I am finished with sounding like your mum we can move on to number two . .



2. Books 

It's no secret that I absolutely love books and I think that a holiday is the perfect opportunity to catch up on some reading because you are taking the time to relax and take a break from your busy little world. I'm going to be packing these three books and probably a few more as well. We are studying Emma (look how I underline the titles like a good english student) at school and I was actually meant to finish it seven weeks ago but I'm slowly getting there. I'm super excited to read Paper Towns because I've read The Fault in Our Stars (can't wait to see the movie) and Looking for Alaska and really love John Green's style of writing. And finally City of Lost Souls, I'm a big fan of the mortal instruments series and the last book just came out so I'm super excited to see how the series ends.



3. Camera 

I think that a camera is definitely an essential for capturing all those special memories (sorry for the cheesiness). The event doesn't have to be that spectacular, the most ordinary every-day activities can make the best photos which are so good to look back on. Your camera doesn't have to be anything fancy (phone cameras are really good these days) as long as you are able to have a record of the things you see and activities you do.



4. Travel Journal 

Ever since I could write, on every trip that I have ever taken my Mum has nagged me to keep a journal with photos, descriptions of what we did and random things that I collected like serviettes. It always seemed like the biggest chore at the time but I'm so glad that I did it because I love looking back over them now. I would definitely suggest packing a little notebook in which you can quickly jot down exciting things that you see/do.



5. A big bag 

I always, always, always, no matter what, overpack. I also tend to pick up anything and everything, simply going to the shops will result in my bringing home a whole stack of fliers. This is why when I go on holidays I like to take a rather large day bag. This bag was a birthday present and is the perfect size for taking on the plane, to the beach, site seeing and pretty much anything else you can think of.


Congratulations for reaching the end of my first edition of Top 5, I hope it wasn't too long. I think the next one might be top 5 study tips or something like that so stay tuned (haha I have always wanted to say that).
Love Alex :)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great tips Alex! (: I'll definitely use them for my future holidays.

    ReplyDelete